Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
Boring lunch salads no more! With this colourful Italian jar salad you’ll be the envy of the office, or just of your own kitchen.
- 4 wide-mouth jars, about 24 oz
- 1 jar Colavita Artichoke Hearts in EVOO, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ c fresh mozzarella, bocconcini size
- 2 c cherry tomatoes
- ½ lb Italian salami or pepperoni, diced
- 3 c young arugula leaves
- ⅓ c Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T Colavita Aged Red Wine Vinegar
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together oil and vinegar. Season with crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Divide dressing evenly between the jars.
- Layer the salad ingredients in the jar, starting with the artichoke hearts, then mozzarella, tomatoes, salami or pepperoni, and ending with the arugula.
- Store jars upright in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To serve: shake and eat straight from the jar or turn jar upside down into a bowl, salad will be layered as if made fresh!